Home-made Teri oggys - or Welsh pasties.
You organize grilling escallop Home-made Teri oggys - or Welsh pasties applying 14 compound as a consequence 14 furthermore. Here is how you do justice.
prescription of Home-made Teri oggys - or Welsh pasties
- Prepare of pastry.
- Prepare 500 grams of plain flour.
- You need 250 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 3 tbsp of cold water.
- You need of filling.
- You need 200 grams of potato sliced thinly.
- Prepare 200 grams of Swede sliced.
- You need 100 grams of onions sliced.
- You need 150 grams of coarse minced beef ( you can add a bit more meat but traditionally there was little meat to go around so it was mainly a vegetable pasty).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- It's 1 of egg beaten with 2 tablespoon milk to glaze (optional).
Home-made Teri oggys - or Welsh pasties in succession
- To make the pastry.
- Put flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub in to the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the paprika.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time and cut in until the dough starts holding together then use your hands to bring together into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and place into refrigerator for an hour.
- Make the filling by slicing all of the vegetables and mixing together with salt and pepper.
- Quarter the pastry and roll each piece til roughly round place a quarter filling onto one side and top with quarter meat.
- It's important to put the meat on top as the fat and juices run into the vegetables during cooking.
- Do same to all 4 pasties then transfer to prepared baking baking sheets.
- Brush with the egg wash.
- Bake at 190ºC, gas 5, in centre of oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Take out and let stand for 5 minutes.
- You can dice the veg instead but it should be small dice to ensure they cook through within the time, especially the Swede/Rutabaga.